A bit of what’s going on in Butt’s Brain as we prepare for Swansea-Chelsea in the Capital One Cup and Arsenal-West Ham in the Premier League tonight:
- Swansea’s star Spaniard Michu has signed a new 4 year deal that commits him to the club until 2016. Michu has 16 goals in all competitions for the Welsh outfit this season.
- Newcastle’s French revolution continues. The relegation battle is on – though we think the talent in the squad and those players returning from injury (Cabaye, Taylor, Ben Arfa, etc.) will certainly be enough to produce a finish in the 14th-16th range to avoid relegation. The club have signed centre back Mapou Tanga-Mbiwa from Ligue I champions Montpellier.
- In case you missed it, Southampton fans had a cheeky chant going around the stadium on Monday night after star budget fantasy performer Jason Puncheon needed a toilet break in the middle of the second half. Puncheon laughed it off.
- Aston Villa possess Christian Benteke – an absolute beast up front this season – but they couldn’t beat Bradford yesterday in the Capital One Cup and sit 17th in the table. If they get relegated, will Paul Lambert lose his job?
- David Beckham’s 13-year-old son Brooklyn Beckham is on trial at Chelsea. An asset in the 2025 Fantasy Premier League game?
- Rafael Benitez reignites feud with Sir Alex Ferguson but Sir Alex is unlikely to be concerned as his side have an 11 point lead over Chelsea in the table.