Our sporting focus has been centered on the Olympics the past few weeks but the Premier League season is just around the corner, so we need to begin to continue to focus on our pre-season Fantasy Premier League preparations. Let’s take a look at what’s going on in Butt’s Brain:
- Daniel Sturridge may have missed his penalty kick against South Korea on Saturday in the quarterfinals of the Olympics, but Stuart Pearce says he was phenomenal during the tournament.
- Stoke’s Fantasy Premier League legendary goalscoring defender of the past few seasons Robert Huth has been sent to the hospital with a mystery illness. Meanwhile, Stoke have Euro 2012 Poland starting defender Sebastian Boenisch on trial and are looking to seal a deal to bring the former Werder Bremen player to the Premier League.
- Nemanja Vidic returns to action for Manchester United after being out injured for the past 8 months. What a massive boost for Sir Alex Ferguson.
- Santi Cazorla has officially signed for Arsenal. We knew this was coming for about a week now, but the paperwork has finally been completed. What a big capture for Arsene Wenger as Cazorla will provide instant attacking impetus and flair.
- The Premier League has confirmed and announced their brand new U-21 league – with participants and fixtures – for this season. The new league is designed to help bridge the gap between the academy and the first team.