A bit of what’s going on in Butt’s Brain this week:
- Sergio Aguero will be out for about a month, but as we mentioned earlier in the week, Manchester City still have plenty of other options up front and really don’t need to go out on a big shopping spree. Roque Santa Cruz, we’re looking at you…
- Emmanuel Adebayor is delighted to be back at Tottenham. While the buy is a superb one for Andre Villas-Boas, it’s also been reported that he will allow CB Michael Dawson to leave the club and join QPR. A bit of a strange one, that, as Dawson was a solid defender [and club captain] under Harry Redknapp. From a fantasy footie perspective, the player most affected by Adebayor’s arrival, of course, is 7.5m rated Jermain Defoe, who will see his starting chances significantly diminish despite a decade of consistent Premier League goalscoring.
- Manchester United confirmed the signing yesterday of left back Alexander Buttner from Vitesse. We love a player named Buttner on this blog and look forward to the 5.5m FPL rated player getting some opportunities this season if Evra is rested or unfortunately, if he goes down due to injury.
- Chelsea manager Roberto di Matteo believes £32m new signing Eden Hazard can be the club’s “new Zola.”
- Arsenal’s deal for Nuri Sahin is nearing completion. The Real Madrid midfielder will be a replacement for Alex Song.
- Clint Dempsey is training with the Fulham first team, according to a 15 year old youth player from Swansea who was playing Fulham’s youth team yesterday.